Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And Now, The News

Hi. I don't have much to talk about this time around. First of all, I hope everyone is checking out the links on this page. I added some new ones. Seibertron.com is all about Transformers. (yes, to geeky for some of you nice folks but hey, I enjoy it!) Wiicade.com has some of the best flash games that are PLAYABLE on you Nintendo Wii or on your home computer! There's this one under Action called Bowman 2. You just shoot arrows at you opponent and try to give him a fatal wound. It's kind of gory because if you hit them just right, blood squirts out. It's not for the faint of heart. (but it's fun) Now onto the news....

First. There was an editorial about shock jocks Opie and Anthony having to deal with a 30 day suspension. They made very rude remarks about Condi Rice and Laura Bush. Now with remarks like this (I won't repeat them. Let's just say I would've hit someone. That bad.) what do they get - 30 days. Imus got fired for saying something rude, yes, but not THAT rude. The thing that gets me is these two entertainers are on XM Satellite Radio. Good. Maybe they'll start bring down the hammer on all shock jocks. Doubt it, though. The article went on to say that the Rev. Al Sharpton (what church does he preach at?) was on CNN Headline News and didn't even mention these two nutballs. I guess when you talk about hairdos of girls basketball teams you can get fired easier than if you make raunchy remarks about The First Lady and The Secretary of State. (article Lancaster News Era 05.22.07 L. Brent Bozell author)

Gas prices still climb. I paid $2.99 a gallon at the one gas station I go to. Somewhere there is a man swimming with his mistress in a solid gold bathtub he'll only use once. Government wants to do something now that the Dems are in control. I'll remember that at election time.

In sports, Joe Paterno, you maybe the oldest coach in college football. I've made some statements at work saying you should retire. That changed when with this headline - "JoePa Cracks The Whip" hit my eyes. It seems some of the players got into a fight earlier this spring. Six were arrested. Well, Paterno said, in so many words, "You goof up the WHOLE team will suffer". He's making all of them do community service this year. Good. I have some new found respect for him. (article Lancaster New Era 05.22.07 Joe Juliano/ McClatchy-Tribune)

And finally, Paula Abdul broke her nose after (she says) she tripped over her Chihuahua. Or she was drunk. You decide. Right now, though, some guy with a video camera is sending a tape into "America's Funniest Home Videos" At least the dog wasn't hurt. I want to ramble on about this, but I'd get yelled at by the wife.

Sorry about this dull post, folks. The Countdown has begun for June 3 and then the Excitement returns. Catch you on the flipside.

Next Time: It's Adventure Day! (whooopiee...)

No comments: