Saturday, October 04, 2008

We Might Be Giants..

Hi! Our internet is still down, so I'm over at my mom's writing this installment. As you can see, we are doing very good.
Alex is crawling around like a mad little boy and getting into all the stuff he shouldn't. Look at that face. He can't be THAT naughty? Wanna bet?

So last Monday was my birthday and those who have read this blog know how much I LOVE them. This year was different. This year I got to see one of my favorite bands. Finally! Their name - They Might Be Giants. You probably heard them, but didn't know it. Ever see those snappy Dunkin Donut commercials with the catchy songs? Or ever watch that Fox show Malcolm in the Middle? They did that music. This John Linnell. He plays the keyboard and the accordian.
This is John Flansburgh. He's on the guitar. I've been a fan of these two guys since the early 90s when my good friend Gabe Swarr (I think I've mentioned his name once or twice here) introduced me to them. When I first heard them I felt they were a cross between Weird Al Yankovic and R.E.M. Now, I feel they have that alternative rock style all their own.

So for my birthday, Michelle got me tickets to see them at a local club. I kind of knew what to expect, but that wasn't what happened. In fact, it was ten times better. They played some of my favorite songs and got some of the crwod into a conga line. I didn't do it because I didn't want to loose my spot. Both Michelle and I were exhausted after everything was over. I, of course, walked away with a t-shirt.

So that was our week. Oh, forgot something. Alex, here, is massively teething, so he's been sick. Don't worry. He's getting better. He's in Granny's hands right now. Catch you on the flipside!

Next Time: How my yard is a doggy-doo minefield... Wait.. I DON'T HAVE A DOG!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a very lucky guy. I'd be great to go to a TMBG concert. I liked your explanation of them being a mix between Weird Al Yankovic and R.E.M. Spot on! I too got hooked on them back in the 90s when Flood flowed onto the scene.

Hope you all survive teething.