Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Mouse Buys The House Of Ideas

"Ma'am, if Uncle Sam wanted me to be Mickey Mouse, I'd do it. I'm that kind of American - the kind you can count on." - John Walker, the new Captain America, Captain America #333, September, 1987.

I saw that in a comic that I bought Monday at the Landisville Flea Market. It's almost a prediction of last weeks events when Disney (The Evil Empire) bought Marvel Comics for $4 billion. A lot of fans (me included) dropped their jaws over the sale. Will Disney muddy up some of the best characters ever? Will it be business as usual? Will Marvel start making Disney comics? Time will tell. In the meantime, here's to hope for a She-Hulk/ Scrooge McDuck crossover written and drawn by one of the best artists Marvel has, John Byrne.

Sorry, short post this week. More very soon. I promise. Catch you on the flipside!

Next Time: Lawn Mowing & Toy Hunt Wrap Up

1 comment:

Gabe Swarr said...

Where's the panel?!